Thursday, June 2, 2011

Old business

In the midst of setting up for this weekend's birthday party, I'm also finishing up a few of my old projects, so I feel all ready for a fresh "semester" on Monday.

One of my projects was putting together a list of songs I want to be able to play independently (this is separate from the list of songs I've been working on with different friends, and from the list of songs I've been working on with the bass, which I'll need to eventually persuade other people to play with me). I made the list awhile ago, and I'm now about halfway through gathering the chords for all the songs and I've added about half of those to my regular practice schedule. I intend to finish gathering the chords this weekend.

Today Sarah and I watched an episode of Rich Steves' Europe -- it's a lowkey little show, kid-friendly (at least for all the episodes I've seen so far), and he's got an upbeat, friendly style of speaking. This episode was on micro-nations in Europe, including Vatican City, Luxembourg, Lichtenstein, Monaco, and a couple others. I was particularly fascinated by the fact that the pope was holed up in Vatican City for something like 60 years until he signed a treaty with Mussolini giving the Church total control, making Vatican City an independent nation. Tonight I'll probably watch one of the science programs I've got saved.

This weekend I'll also gather all my resources in one place in preparation for both my and Sarah's summer sessions, and post the online ones here. I'm holding myself back from trying to finish up any other projects, though -- between Sarah's birthday party on Saturday and volunteering for Pride on Sunday (and gearing up for Monday's dentist appt :( and Tuesday's mini-golf party), I need to conserve my energy, no matter how enthusiastic I'm feeling right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment